wine and lemon-steamed salmon cooked on broccoli
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 lemon, juiced and cut into fourths
- 1/2 cup white wine (can sub chicken stock)
- 2 6-8 ounce salmon filets
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper
Lay salmon on top of the broccoli. Drizzle fish with the rest of the olive oil and season well with salt and pepper. Cover tightly and let cook until fish is just cooked through. Check at six minutes; you may need a couple more minutes depending on the thickness of the fillet.
Fish should be barely firm and still moist. Garnish with cherry tomatoes. Serve hot with parsley rice, if desired.
I hope your Thanksgiving was full of giving thanks!
If you liked this...you might like my Salmon Chowder, which is made from leftover salmon:
Have fun cooking and taking care of yourself,