Sunday, May 11, 2014
Evidently Mother Nature didn't get the memo that it's Mother's Day, which is supposed to be sunny and gorgeous with irises and lilacs in bloom. (Instead, we have a snow storm.)
Monday, May 5, 2014
A refrigerator with a few items that need to be used.
A hungry cook.
A small skillet.
Makes a meal. Unless you'd like bread? (Scroll down, please.)
kalamata egg salad with charred red peppers
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 sweet red or yellow bell pepper, large dice
- crushed red pepper
- 4 eggs
- kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper
- a big handful of greens -- any
- a small handful of pitted kalamata or other olives
- sherry or balsamic vinegar
- olive oil for drizzling, optional
With a plastic spatula, loosen the egg salad and tip onto a plate. Add the olives and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar, as well as some olive oil, if desired. Using a sharp knife, cut the egg salad in half and serve hot, warm, or at room temperature. Serve with corn muffins if you like. (recipe below)